Giving Is Good
What stuck with you?
“... You should remember the words of the Lord Jesus: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”
Acts 20:35 NLT
Trust God with the tithe.
“One-tenth of the produce of the land, whether grain from the fields or fruit from the trees, belongs to the LORD and must be set apart to him as holy.”
Leviticus 27:30 NLT
“Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the LORD Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.”
Malachi 3:10 NIV
Plan your generosity.
But generous people plan to do what is generous, and they stand firm in their generosity.
Isaiah 32:8 NLT
Start being generous now.
And I am praying that you will put into action the generosity that comes from your faith as you understand and experience all the good things we have in Christ.
Philemon 1:6 NLT
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- What’s the best thing you’ve ever been given?
- What’s the most meaningful thing you’ve ever given?
Start thinking. Ask questions to get your group thinking.
- How do you think your life would look in five years if you increased your generosity now? And if you didn’t?
- Read Acts 20:35, Proverbs 11:24-25. Why do you think we still struggle to be generous?
- When do you find yourself living in a scarcity mindset? When do you act more from an abundance mindset?
Start sharing. Choose questions that create openness.
- Have you ever had someone bless you with something totally unexpected, yet totally needed? Can you share?
- Do you have any stories of how giving to God or someone else led to breakthrough in your life?
- Like the woman who gave Craig her only meat, what could being generous now look like for you?
Start praying. Be bold, and pray with power.
- God, this all started because You gave us Jesus. We want to give our lives back to You. Show us specific ways to increase our generosity and commit our resources to accomplishing Your ways. Amen.
Live It Out
Start doing. Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Craig encouraged us to tithe, plan our generosity, and start being generous now. What are your next steps?
- Start reading the four-day I’m Generous Bible Plan today. www.go2.lc/generous
- Try the three-month tithe challenge! www.go2.lc/tithechallenge
- Ask your group if they’re interested in going through Financial Peace University together. It’s not too late!
Get this in your inbox. Visit go2.lc/emailme