Always A Way Out
Think back through Craig's talk. What stuck out?
No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.
1 Corinthians 10:13 NIV
Hebrews 4:15 1 Corinthians 10:12 James 1:13-15
Four Truths About Temptation
- It’s not a sin to be tempted.
- You are never above temptation.
- God will never tempt you.
- There is always a way out.
"Temptation is anything that promises satisfaction at the cost of obedience to God."
"Every temptation is an invitation to depend on Christ."
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- What food tempts you most? Donuts, cheeseburgers, baked kale, something else?
- Tell a funny story about getting caught. Cookie jar, anyone?
Start thinking. Ask questions to get your group thinking.
- Think about your last temptation. Was there a way out? How can you get better at taking the way out?
- Think of something you do that’s not outright beneficial. Talk about what it may be costing you.
- Read Hebrews 4:15. Do you think of Jesus this way? How does knowing He’s been tempted in every way help you?
Start sharing. Choose questions that create openness.
- How often does what Craig described as “false guilt” trick you into giving up?
- Are there any areas of your life where you’re living like you’re above temptation? Identify common blind spots as a group.
- Do you see God as growing you when you struggle or causing you to struggle? How does this perspective affect you?
- Open up. What are some ways this group can help each other find a way out?
Start praying. Be bold, and pray specifically.
- Jesus, we may fall into temptation, but You died and rose so we could be free! We invite You to show us where we need a way out, and please strengthen us to go through it. Thank You, God, for this group of people to go through life with. Amen.
From the Source
Keep reading. Dig in to Scripture about facing temptation.
Romans 7:21-24 Matthew 6:13 Matthew 26:41 Psalm 37:4
Live It Out
Start doing. Commit to a step, and live it out this week.
- Start this two-week Bible Plan we created to help you find A Way Out. go2.lc/awayoutplan
- This week, ask people and the Holy Spirit to help you identify where you need a way out of sin or temptation.
- Identify at least one person in your LifeGroup who you can confide in while you’re on your way out.
Leaders, Craig filmed this video to thank you: go2.lc/heroes