Feed Your Spirit
Think back through Craig's talk. What stuck out?
No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.
1 Corinthians 10:13 NIV
Matthew 26:41 Psalm 119:9-11 1 Corinthians 15:33-34
3 Ways To Feed Your Spirit
- Feed your spirit with prayer.
- Feed your spirit with God’s Word.
- Feed your spirit with the right people.
"When you bond with the right things, you’re not as vulnerable to do the wrong things!"
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- Who else had rat-envy when Craig talked about Rat Park?
- What’s oddest thing you’ve memorized? Let’s hear it.
Start thinking. Ask questions to get your group thinking.
- Read Psalm 119:9-11. How do you think David got to the point where he could say that God’s Word was hidden in his heart?
- What is most difficult for you to increase and why? Prayer, reading God’s Word, or being close to the right people?
Start sharing. Choose questions that create openness.
- Are you living in Bruce Alexander’s Rat Park or a cold metal cage? How can you change your surroundings?
- What is your spiritual workout plan? How is it building muscle in your spirit?
- Do you have a Paco Brewsky? How can you find friends who’ll feed your spirit?
- Get real as a group. What do your prayer and Bible reading habits really look like? What’s working for you?
Start praying. Be bold, and pray specifically.
- God, thank You for giving us Your Holy Spirit who sheds light on the state of our spirit. Will You show us where to grow and how to grow through prayer, Your Word, and Your people? We can’t do this without You! Amen.
From the Source
Start digging. Read Scripture about overcoming temptation.
Philippians 4:13 Revelations 12:11 Jonah 2:2-7 Proverbs 13:20
Live It Out
Start doing. Commit to a step, and live it out this week.
- I will start feeding my spirit today with the A Way Out Bible Plan. go2.lc/awayoutplan
- I will plan prayer into my daily routine this week.
- I will find a friend in my LifeGroup who will challenge me to grow.
Leaders, Craig filmed this video to thank you: go2.lc/heroes