Think back to Craig's message. What sticks out?
His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.
2 Peter 1:3 NIV
For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he ...
Proverbs 23:7 KJV
The plans of the diligent lead to profit as surely as haste leads to poverty.
Proverbs 21:5 NIV
Give thanks to the God of heaven, for his steadfast love endures forever
Psalm 136:26 ESV
More Scripture About Grit
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- If you could live somewhere other than Earth, would you? Where? Why? How?
- Did any parts of Craig’s message really hit you or give you all the feels? Which parts?
Start thinking. Ask questions to get your group thinking.
- You can’t choose what happens, but you can choose how you respond. Is this how you think? Where do you see this perspective in Scripture?
- Read 2 Peter 1:3. What makes us tend to think we don’t have everything we need for life and godliness?
Start sharing. Choose questions that create openness.
- Share about a time or place in your life where you felt (or still feel) like you're stranded on Mars with no way home.
- Which are hardest for you to see: the ability to choose, experience to draw upon, the capacity to plan, people who care about you, or a God who loves you? Why?
- What are you feeling moved to take action on this week? Just like Craig asked, what’s your plan?
- Mark Watney said, “I’m not going to die here.” What part of your life do you need to say this about?
Start praying. Be bold, and pray specifically.
Jesus, You suffered so we could have everything we need for life and godliness. Holy Spirit, You’ve come to comfort and guide us through it. We are not going to die here! Thank You. Amen.
Live It Out
Start doing. Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Think about your situation and relationships. Are you Mark Watney or part of the crew going back to get him? What do you need to do to be part of God’s work this week?
- Read along with Craig this week as he shares The Last Four verses he highlighted in the Bible App. www.go2.lc/thelastfourplan
- Make summer plans to get together outside of LifeGroup. www.go2.lc/summerideas
Want the Talk It Over guide emailed to you each week? Make it happen at go2.lc/emailme