Think back to Craig's message. What sticks out?
Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.
1 Corinthians 11:1 NIV
... we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord, his power, and the wonders he has done. He decreed statutes for Jacob and established the law in Israel, which he commanded our ancestors to teach their children, so the next generation would know them, even the children yet to be born, and they in turn would tell their children. Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands
Psalm 78:4-7 NIV
More Scripture For Parents
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- iPhone, Android, or other? One reason why? Go.
- Which part of the movie and Craig’s message did you feel most challenged by? Why?
Start thinking. Ask questions to get your group thinking.
- Read Psalm 78:4-7 together. How does this apply to your family? How can you lead in this way?
- Why do you think God put us in families as children and parents?
Start sharing. Choose questions that create openness.
- What is something you do because your parents or adults you admired did it?
- If you’re a parent, your job is to give your kids a front-row seat to God’s power and goodness. How are you doing at this? What can get in the way?
- Craig talked about making normal things spiritual and spiritual things normal. How can we do this? Does anyone have examples?
- Read 1 Corinthians 11:1. What are some practical ways you can follow the example of Christ? Be specific to your life.
Start praying. Be bold, and pray specifically.
Father, You’re the ultimate example parent. First of all, thank You for that. Will You help us to chase after You instead of some fake “perfect family” ideal? Help us to love well so the next generation will know You. Amen.
Live It Out
Start doing. Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- You can’t change the past; you can only change the future. What will you start doing this week to alter your family’s future?
- Start the 12 Huge Mistakes Parents Can Avoid LifeGroup discussion and Bible Plan. www.go2.lc/12mistakes
- In the end—we only regret the love we didn’t show. How will you show love in a new way? Who will you show it to?
Want the Talk It Over guide emailed to you each week? Make it happen at go2.lc/emailme