I Believe in God, but Don’t Know Him
Think back through Craig’s talk. What stuck out?
They claim to know God, but their actions deny him. ... Titus 1:16 NIV
Some Believe In God ...
... but don’t know Him.
... and know Him, but don’t know Him well.
... know Him intimately, and serve Him wholeheartedly.
"Many of us are informed about Jesus but are yet to be transformed by Him."
Start Talking: find a conversation starter for your group.
- Fess up. Who’s someone famous you know almost everything about, but don’t really know them?
- Do you know God like Craig knows Amy, or like Craig knows George Brett?
Start Thinking: ask questions to get your group thinking.
- Think of someone you know whose life exclaims the existence of God. Describe why.
- On a scale of 1-10, where 1 is “all talk,” and 10 is “all walk,” how much do you live like God exists?
- If you had to put it into categories, what parts of your faith are cultural tradition and what parts come from closeness to God?
Start Sharing: choose questions that create openness.
- Where does your faith land: don’t know Him, know Him but not well, or know Him intimately and serve Him wholeheartedly?
- Where do you want your faith to be? What are some life changes that could help you get there?
- Has the Holy Spirit ever prodded you, comforted you, or strengthened you? Share a story of closeness to God.
- What do you most often call God, and how often do you talk with Him? How does this define your relationship with Him?
Start Praying: be bold and pray specifically.
- Father, we need to know You better. Will you draw us to You? Holy Spirit, be our daily guide and strength. Jesus, move us from information to transformation. Thank You, Father!
From the Source
Keep Reading: dig into Scripture about knowing God.
Live It Out
Start Doing: commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Renew your mind this week with this five-day Bible Plan go2.lc/renewal
- Write down three ways you’re living like God doesn’t exist. Bring these to Christ in prayer each day this week.
- Dig deeper into Christian Atheist. Buy the book, then check out this 12-week group discussion guide a go2.lc/castudy
Leaders, Craig filmed this video to thank you: go2.lc/heroes