I Believe in God, but Don’t Want to Go Overboard
Think back through Craig’s talk. What stuck out?
Key Scripture Revelations 3:15-20
- Crave acceptance from people more than acceptance from God.
- Rarely share their faith in Christ.
- Rationalize sin.
- Think more about life on earth than eternity in heaven.
- Only turn to God when they need something.
- They give whenever it’s convenient.
- They are not much different from the rest of the world.
"It's so easy to be a Christian where I live that it's difficult to be a true one."
"How you live reflects the reality of what you believe."
Start Talking: find a conversation starter for your group.
- Okay let 'em rip, tell your juiciest diaper changing stories.
- Make your argument for which is better: hot or cold coffee?
Start Thinking: ask questions to get your group thinking.
- Think of someone with "hot" faith. What sets them apart in your mind?
- Do you live for the approval of people or from the approval of God? How can you center your life on God's perspective?
- Lukewarm is a super comfy temperature, how comfortable is your faith? What would turn up the heat?
- Do you find yourself more interested in what God has or what God wants? What do you think God wants for your life?
Start Sharing: choose questions that create openness.
- Share some areas of your life where you need Jesus to bring heat? Sin, generosity, boldness, trust, closeness, faith?
- How does your life look different when your faith is “hot?” Identify some roadblocks to consistently living this way.
- Share a story of a time when you knew that you were on fire for God. What are some themes in this story?
Start Praying: be bold and pray specifically.
- Jesus, You gave everything for us. Will You embolden us to go overboard for You? Holy Spirit, You are invited to show us the lukewarm places in our lives and then heat them up!
From the Source
Keep Reading: dig into more Scriptures about "hot" faith.
Live It Out
Start Doing: commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Take out your phone and subscribe to this "hot" Bible Plan by Francis Chan go2.lc/crazylove
- Write down one lukewarm area of your faith to tackle this week. If it’s generosity, try giving more time and resources away. If it’s sharing your faith, share Jesus with one person, and so on.
- Dig deeper into Christian Atheist. Buy the book, then check out this 12-week group discussion guide a go2.lc/castudy
Leaders, Craig filmed this video to thank you: go2.lc/heroes