I Believe in God but Don’t Trust Him Fully
Think back through the talk. What stuck out?
The Partially Surrendered Life
- I’ll give God some things, but not everything.
- I don’t fully trust God with _____. (Fill in the blank.)
- I want God to prove Himself so I can trust Him.
Developing a Wholehearted Trust
- Get to know the goodness of God.
- Get to know the love of God.
- Get to know the faithfulness of God.
"We want God to prove Himself so we can trust Him. God wants us to trust Him so He can prove Himself."
Start Talking: find a conversation starter for your group.
- Name one thing that you’ll never be able to fully control (but wish you could). Weather, spouse, time, age, boss, hair, cat?
- What’s one of the most controlling things you ever do with people? What’s one of the most trusting things you ever do?
Start Thinking: ask questions to get your group thinking.
- What are some practical, everyday actions you identify as showing trust in God?
- Put these items in order of how well you trust God with each: relationships, family, money, forgiveness, health, protection.
- What are some specific ways your life might look different if God had your complete trust?
- Who do you know that trusts God fully? What sets them apart?
Start Sharing: choose questions that create openness.
- I don’t fully trust God with _______. Fill in the blank with something, someone, or some specific way you aren’t trusting God.
- Tell a story of when you trusted God with something, and He came through in a way you didn’t expect.
- On a scale of 1 to 10—where 1 is knowing about God and 10 is knowing Him—where do you land today? Does this impact the way you trust Him?
Start Praying: be bold and pray specifically.
- God, thank You for Your goodness, faithfulness, and love. Help us move from knowing about You to knowing You, and from believing in You to trusting in You fully.
From the Source
Keep Reading: dig into more Scriptures about trusting God.
Live It Out
Start Doing: commit to a step and live it out this week.
- This five-day Bible Plan looks at the "why?" of God’s intentions and will help you trust Him more. To subscribe visit go2.lc/why
- Dig deeper into The Christian Atheist. Buy the book, then check out this 12-week group discussion guide at go2.lc/castudy
Leaders, Craig filmed this video to thank you: go2.lc/heroes