Bring Your Gifts
Give Your Gifts
Review Pastor Craig’s points to remember what stuck out to you from the message.
"If you’re overjoyed, tell your face. We should be the most overjoyed people on the planet."
"We bring God our first and our best and trust God to bless the rest."
"90% with God is better than 100% without God."
"We will lead the way in irrational generosity. We truly believe it is better to give than receive."
Your Ultimate Gift
"Love loves to give."
Start with an icebreaker question to get everyone talking. Then choose questions that will work well with your group.
- Spill the beans about a gift you’re giving a loved one this Christmas. How do you feel about giving this gift?
- How’s your joyometer this week? What affects your joy?
- Give an example of when someone demonstrated their love for you through giving. What was your “Nolan Ryan rookie card”?
- Do you see giving as an act of worship? How will this message affect your worship through giving?
- Describe what you’ve learned about worshiping through giving from personal experiences or through the message.
- What obstacles hold you back from giving how you’d like to? What would it take to make worshiping through giving the top priority in your budget?
- If you came to worship Jesus with the wise men, what gift would you have wanted to offer Him?
- What are some things others could observe you doing that demonstrate you’re offering your body as a living sacrifice?
- How did you feel about being asked to give at church? If you’ve used the giving app, share how it affects your giving habits. (Text GIVE to 86613 to sign up.)
- If you’ve been a tither for very long, you’ve got a cool giving story. Share how you’ve seen God at work.
From the Source
Consider reading these verses together to introduce some different perspectives into the conversation.
2 Corinthians 9:6-7
Live It Out
End each week with a challenge to take action. Lead your group to help each person identify their next steps.
- What changes will you make to become an overjoyed tither if you haven’t been one consistently? Consider taking the three- month tithe challenge at lifechurch.tv/giving/challenge.
- How can we give as a group to show our community God’s love for us?
- How can you focus your Christmas giving this year around worshiping God?