Bow Your Knees
Bow Your Knees
Review Pastor Craig’s points to remember what stuck out to you from the message.
* Kneel in pursuit.
"God doesn’t tell us to bow down to Him; He just tells us not to bow down to something else. He assumes we will when we realize who He is."
* Kneel in repentance.
"Jesus never turns away from a sinner with a repentant heart."
* Kneel in submission.
You Can Kneel Now or You Can Kneel Later
"There are some of you who God has been reaching out to for years. But you won’t tap. You need to surrender."
Start with an icebreaker question to get everyone talking. Then choose questions that will work well with your group.
- How do you feel about two-year-olds? When they’re acting two in public, do you judge their parents?
- Did you picture Jesus being a newborn when the wise men came? Share your craziest encounter with a toddler.
- How worshipful would you say your Christmas season has been? What would you like to do differently next Christmas?
- Have you ever fallen to your knees? What emotions or situations led you to that response?
- In what settings does kneeling seem fitting in our culture (other than with a ring in your pocket or a football in hand)?
- What do you need to surrender to God? What will you do to “tap out” and demonstrate that submission?
- In what ways are you still the lord of your life? What steps would you need to take to fully submit to His Lordship?
- “You can kneel now, or you can kneel later.” What do you imagine your face-to-face meeting with Jesus will be like?
From the Source
To introduce some different perspectives into the conversation, consider reading one of these verses together.
Live It Out
End each week with a challenge to take action. Lead your group to help each person identify their next steps.
- Going forward, how will you make kneeling a more regular posture of worship?
- What changes in your own worship habits have you already seen as a result of this series? What changes do you plan to continue to make?
- How will you make worship a priority in your life? How will the four postures from this series be a part of that?