Think back through Craig’s message. What sticks out to you?
Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
Psalm 139:23-24 NIV
2 Timothy 1:7
1 John 4:18
- Search my heart.
- Reveal my fears.
- Uncover my sins.
- Lead me.
- What are others trying to tell me?
- What have I rationalized for some time?
- Where am I most defensive?
￼￼￼“What we fear the most reveals where we trust God the least.”
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- Did you ever play Truth or Dare as a kid? What’s something you can’t believe you said or did?
- What’s the most courageous prayer you’ve said and seen answered?
Start thinking. Ask questions to get your group thinking.
- Why do you think it’s important to ask God to search you?
- Why do you think we tend to be afraid of God’s searchlight?
- Can you think of anything that’s hard to hear about yourself? How might you be living to avoid hearing that thing?
Start sharing. Choose questions that create openness.
- How does the idea of asking God to search your heart make you feel? Is anything keeping you from praying this prayer? If so, what?
- Is there anything that seems to cause you constant or unnecessary anxiety? How will you begin to trust God with this fear?
- What makes you feel most defensive? What do you think the Holy Spirit would say to you about it?
Start praying. Be bold, and pray specifically.
- Holy Spirit, please show us the junk our lives that offends You. Cause it to offend us like it does You. Let it smell like old trash to us. And Father, help us to trade this garbage for the full life You promised.
Start digging. Read Scripture about reflection.
Jeremiah 17:10 Romans 8:27 1 Chronicles 28:9 Job 13:23
Live It Out
Start doing. Commit to a step, and live it out this week.
- We dare you to start the one-week Dangerous Prayers Bible Plan. go2.lc/dangerous
- Start each morning this week by asking the Holy Spirit to search you. Make note of what He says and share it with someone.
Want the Talk It Over guide emailed to you each week? Make it happen at go2.lc/emailme