Think back through Craig’s message. What sticks out to you?
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”
Isaiah 6:8 NIV
Three Responses to God’s Call
- Jonah: Here I am. I’m not going.
- Moses: Here I am. Send someone else.
- Isaiah: Here I am. Send me.
What do you need to fully surrender to God?
- A genuine experience with the presence of God.
- A genuine awareness of your sinfulness.
- A genuine understanding of God’s grace.
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- Name a place you’d love to be sent to and a place you’d never want to be sent to. Why?
- Which has been an anchor message for you: Search Me, Break Me, or Send Me?
Start thinking. Ask questions to get your group thinking.
- Do your prayers revolve more around what God can do for you or what you can do for God? Give an example of how you’d like to be praying.
- List some typical excuses people give for not going to the places—or doing the work—God calls them to.
Start sharing. Choose questions that create openness.
- Which do you most lack: genuine experience with God, awareness of your sinfulness, or understanding of His grace?
- Talk about the last time you felt compelled to do something out of your norm. How did you respond? Could it have been God sending you?
- Currently, do you most identify with Jonah, Moses, or Isaiah? What might be keeping you from full surrender to God?
- Just like brokenness, being sent is not a one-time experience. To what or where are you being sent now?
Start praying. Be bold, and pray specifically.
- Lord, here we are. Make us aware of our brokenness. Show us Your grace, God. And, send us to the people and places where You need us. Amen.
Start digging. Read Scripture about surrender.
Matthew 28:16-20 Luke 1:35-38 Hebrews 11:8-12 Romans 10:13-15
Live It Out
Start doing. Commit to a step, and live it out this week.
- What will be your first step of obedience to His call this week?
- Read the Dangerous Prayers Bible Plan. go2.lc/dangerous
- How can you answer God’s call at Life.Church? For serving opportunities, visit www.life.church/serving
Want the Talk It Over guide emailed to you each week? Make it happen at go2.lc/emailme