Don't Stop On Six
Don't Stop on Six
Start by reviewing this week’s key points.
Three Reasons People Stop Short
- Our perspective gets blocked.
"Only God can speak in past tense about the battles you haven’t even fought yet."
- Our progress isn’t always obvious.
"God doesn’t want you to trust in your progress, He wants you to have faith in His promise."
- The process is open-ended.
"Do you trust that God is working even when what you’re doing doesn’t seem to be working?"
How far do you want to take your group? Choose from these suggestions to tailor the discussion to suit your group.
- Have you ever written a sappy poem like Steven did for Craig? Care to recite a line?
- Do you have a dream or goal you stopped short of reaching? Share the first one you think of.
- What is a wall that’s blocking your perspective and stopping you short?
- What is a part of your life where God’s promise doesn’t match what you see?
- How can we incorporate perspective-altering worship into our week?
- Can you identify with Joshua’s armed men? What are some healthy behaviors you repeat daily without noticing progress?
- Take some time to point out and encourage each other’s persistence.
- What are you facing that requires you to just “shut up and march” without seeing the outcome or knowing the distance?
- Have you ever trusted your progress more than God's promise? Why do you think that happens?
- Say a prayer together asking God to use the wall in front of you to do His work inside of you.
From the Source
Want to dig into more Scripture? Read through these together to introduce a new angle into your discussion.
Psalm 18:28-30 Hebrews 11:30 John 16:33 Mark 11:22-24 1 Corinthians 1:25 Psalm 46:10
Live It Out
End with a challenge to take action. Choose a closing question to help each person identify their next steps.
- What concept keeps playing over in your mind? Say it out loud and ask the group to identify a simple action plan with you.
- Remind each other throughout the week to spend less time talking about the size of life’s walls and more time talking about, reading about, and walking in God’s promises.
- Read this seven-day Bible reading plan about overcoming walls: go2.lc/walls