It Will Happen
It Will Happen
Start by reviewing this week’s key points.
The outcome is God’s responsibility. Obedience is yours.
"Will I steer by my senses, or will I steer by the Spirit?"
How far do you want to take your group? Choose from these suggestions to tailor the discussion to suit your group.
- What’s the craziest/funniest thing you’ve heard following the phrase, “The Lord told me”?
- Tell a story of when God spoke direction into your life. Did it make sense right away? How did you realize it was God?
- Do you lean on your senses or on God’s promises? What comforts would you have to give up to rely more on God?
- Is God whispering any warnings to you that could keep you out of a storm?
- Are any parts of your life drifting on autopilot or run aground like Paul’s ship?
- Is God asking you to abandon something that’s sinking you?
- How will the storm you’re facing now change the way you face a storm later?
- Are you worshipping the way you want God to do it, or the God who said He would do it? Discuss how to practically live out the latter.
- What would you have to give up to take advantage of a “but now” do-over?
From the Source
Want to dig into more Scripture? Read through these together to introduce a new angle into your discussion.
John 10:27 Hebrews 4:12 Romans 10:17 Mark 4:35-40 Isaiah 30:21 Jonah 1:1-12
Live It Out
End with a challenge to take action. Choose a closing question to help each person identify their next steps.
- Do you need to obey a warning, discard cargo, abandon ship, or take a do-over to swim to shore? Share what you’re facing and pray together.
- Take responsibility for your spirit with this 10-day Bible reading plan: go2.lc/responsibility
- Practice hearing and obeying whispers from the Holy Spirit this week. Text each other with stories of obedience.
Leaders, Craig filmed this video to thank you: go2.lc/heroes