First Things First
Review Pastor Chris’s points to remember what stuck out to you from the message.
What kind of year was this last year for you spiritually?
* Spiritually Apathetic
* Spiritually Inconsistent
* Spiritually Consumed
"Experiencing a blessed life comes not just from what we offer to God but the order in which we offer it."
First Things First
First of the Day: Seek God
First of the Week: Worship
First of the Month: Tithe
2 Corinthians 9:7
First of the Year: Fast
Start with an icebreaker question to get everyone talking. Then choose questions that will work well with your group.
- When you walk into a grocery store, what do you get first, what do you get last?
- What was your longest lasting New Year’s resolution?
- Share what you wrote for the kind of 2014 you had. What contributed to your answer?
- Have you put God first in your day for a consistent period of time? What differences did you notice?
- What’s your greatest barrier to starting your day with God?
- Why do you start your week with church (even if it starts Saturday night)?
- How can you bring church into the rest of your week?
- How does giving God the first 10% affect the other 90%?
- Have you ever fasted? What happened?
- Which of the four firsts would make the biggest difference in your 2015? Why did you pick that one?
- What’s your first step to put God first in your life? What specifically will you commit to this week?
From the Source
To introduce some different perspectives into the conversation, consider reading one of these verses together.
Live It Out
End each week with a challenge to take action. Here are some ideas for tools that could help you stay on track.
- Start a Bible habit with the YouVersion 21-Day New Year Challenge. You could win an iPad and other prizes! Info at http://blog.youversion.com
- Start a fast with your group and follow this 21-Day Fast reading plan. https://www.bible.com/reading-plans/35-21-day-fast
- Try attending a weekend Life.Church experience every week in January. Make plans to attend together as a group for accountability (and fun)!