Think back through Jefferson’s message. What sticks out to you?
The LORD God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to work it and keep it. And
the LORD God commanded the man, saying, “You may surely eat of every tree of the garden, but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.”
Genesis 2:15-17 ESV
Key Ideas To Remember
- We can go further in healing.
- God calls us out of hiding.
- We can’t sin beyond the reach of grace.
- We’ve got to get our wounds open and clean.
- When wounds heal, they can tell the story of Christ.
- Jesus wants us to spend time with Him, not just get answers from Him.
“Do you want the right answers from Jesus or to sit at the table with Jesus?”
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- Do you remember any church songs from when you were a kid? Let’s hear one.
- What’s something Jefferson said that’s been stuck in your mind this week?
Start thinking. Ask questions to get your group thinking.
- Do you think differently about the story of Adam and Eve after hearing this message?
- Jefferson said we can know God’s voice because it “calls us out of hiding.” How does this thought impact you?
- When you go to Jesus, are you looking for answers, or to just be with Him?
Start sharing. Choose questions that create openness.
- What’s something in your life that makes you pull back from relationships when people start to press on it or see it?
- How will you apply the Japanese concept of kintsugi to your wounds, both past and present?
- How can your wound become your story through which you introduce others to the healing power of Jesus?
Start praying. Be bold, and pray specifically.
- God, thank You for redeeming our lives from the pit. Thank You for healing us by the wounds of Christ. Will You show us how to see You as more than just our provision? Holy Spirit, show us how to just sit in Your presence. Amen.
Start digging. Read Scripture about healing.
1 Peter 2:21-24 James 5:14-16 Psalm 147:3 Psalm 103:2-4
Live It Out
Start doing. Commit to a step, and live it out this week.
- Find healing and identity in Jesus with Jefferson’s Bible Plan. go2.lc/healed
- If you weren’t able to open up about something personal, find someone you can tell about a deep wound you’re facing.
- Schedule in some “sit with Jesus” moments to your daily routine.
Want the Talk It Over guide emailed to you each week? Make it happen at go2.lc/emailme