Embrace Your Place
Embrace Your Place
Start by reviewing this week’s key points.
1 Corinthians 12:12-27
- A position is not a place.
1 Samuel 16:11-13
- What happens when you are in place?
"God is preparing you for what He has prepared for you."
“He is doing a work in you to do a work through you.”
“Sometimes you have to be in a position you do not want to be to end up in the place you are destined to be.”
“It’s better to be marked by God than to be marketed by people.”
“Just stay in place—your break through is coming!"
“The thing of which I am a part is greater than any part I play.”
How far do you want to take your group? Choose from these suggestions to tailor the discussion just right for your group.
- Are you an “everything in its place” kind of person or a “multiple places might work” type?
- What’s the worst injury you’ve ever had? (You can probably tell your story quicker than Christine did!)
- Go around and let each person share where they currently serve in the church.
- In what ways have you felt like you don’t matter in our church? How does the truth in this message change that for you?
- What is your place in our church? To what degree have you fully embraced your place?
- What are some gifts you know God placed in you to use in His house?
- If you’re not currently serving at the church, what are the obstacles you feel are keeping you from that commitment?
- Share about a time when you struggled with embracing your place in our church.
- What would our church be like if everyone embraced their place of serving?
- What do you feel like your place in the church might be?
From the Source
Want to dig into more Scripture? Read through these together to introduce a new angle into your discussion.
Live It Out
End with a challenge to take action. Choose a closing question to help each person identify their next steps.
- If you haven’t already, what steps do you need to take to find your place in our church?
- If you’ve already found your place, what could you do to embrace it more fully?
- The Chazown Experience is a two-day event that helps people find their purpose. Talk about how this event could help your group find their place together. Find out about available upcoming events or small group materials for your group.