Start by reviewing this week’s key points from the message.
The Widow of Zarephath
1 Kings 17:8-16
"The most barren place can bear the seeds of the most unlikely result."
"If you don’t embrace your place here you’ll never do it there."
God has given you:
"Wherever you are now is where God wants you to sow your time, talent, tongue, and treasure."
“She was so busy looking at what she didn’t have, she forgot to see what she did have — the ingredients of a miracle.”
“God’s looking for availability not ability.”
“God still goes to unlikely places, still uses unlikely people, still implements unlikely strategies, and still produces unlikely outcomes.”
How can you best facilitate discussion that will be engaging for everyone? Choose from these suggestions to lead each person in your group to own their own growth.
- Vote for who can do the best Christine Caine impersonation. Who can say as many words per minute as she can?
- Are you the kind of person who focuses on what you don’t have or what you do have? Share an example.
- Share something you’ve seen God do around you recently that was highly unlikely.
- What miracle are you living in the middle of that you don’t often recognize?
- What are some things you do have that you believe God could use in His house to do His work?
- Share a time when you allowed a scarcity mentality to dictate how you acted. Then share a time when you acted from an abundance mindset.
- How have you or your family and friends been blessed by other people who have planted their time, talent, tongue, or treasure in our church?
- Of the four T-words, which one are you most generous with? Which one do you need to plant more of?
- What obstacles (or maybe just excuses) are keeping you from planting what you have here in His house?
From the Source
Want to dig into more Scripture? Read through these together to introduce a new angle into your discussion.
Live It Out
End with a challenge to take action. Choose a closing question to help each person identify their next steps.
- How can our group encourage each other to sacrificially invest our time, talent, tongue, and treasure in His house?
- Which one of the four T-words will you commit to investing more of in His house at our church?
- What is one step you’ll take this week to give your time, treasure, tongue, and talent to His house? How can our group support you and hold you accountable?