Review Pastor Craig’s points to remember what stuck out to you from the message.
"We are faith-filled, big-thinking, bet-the-farm risk takers. We will never insult God with small thinking and safe living."
How big is your faith?
Jesus was amazed by lack of faith.
Jesus was amazed by great faith.
3 Principles of Faith
- You cannot play it safe and please God.
- As long as you have a guarantee, you don’t have faith.
- To step toward your destiny, you have to step away from your security.
Start with an icebreaker question to get everyone talking. Then choose questions that will work well with your group.
- “Jesus Take the Wheel!” If your faith is a song title, which is it?
- Traffic lights, parking spaces, thigh dimples — what is the smallest thing you’ve prayed for?
- What’s the biggest thing you’ve ever prayed for?
- On Craig’s 1-10 scale, how did you rate your faith? Share what caused you to rate your faith that way.
- Have you ever had a moment of faith like the centurion in Capernaum? What inspired you to believe?
- What specific fears or doubts hold you back from complete faith in God? What could help you strengthen that trust?
- What are some things you’ve learned in the past when you stepped out in faith?
- In what areas are you relying on a guarantee instead of God’s amazing grace?
- What securities could be keeping you from your destiny? How radical are you willing to get to let go of them?
- What is something that you know is good that scares the daylights of you?
From the Source
To introduce some different perspectives into the conversation, consider reading one of these verses together.
2 Samuel 10:12
1 Peter 1:5-9
Live It Out
End each week with a challenge to take action. As a group, you can help each person identify their next steps.
- What are we doing as a group that requires faith-filled, big- thinking, bet-the-farm risk taking? What else can WE do?
- Write down three godly risks you’re inspired to take. Post the list somewhere (like your fridge) for the rest of this series.
- What faith-filled step will you take to be more a part of the WE in our church?
- Pick one way to get on board with our faith-filled, big-thinking church. Go bet the farm at lifechurch.tv/serving.