Review Pastor Craig’s points to remember what stuck out to you from the message.
2 Corinthians 8:1-7
We will lead the way with irrational generosity. We truly believe it is more blessed to give than to receive.
Rate yourself on a scale from “Less Generous” to “Irrationally Generous”.
Becoming Irrationally Generous
“I see a church where people believe that what we have belongs to God.”
“Giving is not what we do. Generous is who we are.“
Start with an icebreaker question to get everyone talking. Then choose questions that will work well with your group.
- Share any re-gifting accidents you’ve been a part of. How else have you seen being a tightwad come back to bite you?
- “Never enough” or “always more,” how does your perspective affect your joy?
- Share a time when you felt blessed from giving to others. How does it compare to other things that bring you joy?
- Are you giving more than you receive at home, work, your community, and at church?
- How have you seen generosity modeled for you by others or in your childhood? What stories do you remember?
- Tell a story of a time that you gave more than you thought you could. What was the result?
- Think of someone who’s irrationally generous. Describe what has caused them to earn that reputation.
- What keeps you from giving more? What are you trying to protect when you choose against greater generosity?
- What are some resources that you’re holding on to that you could be giving away?
- How can you make generosity something that you plan for and stand firm for?
From the Source
To introduce some different perspectives into the conversation, consider reading one of these verses together.
2 Corinthians 9:5-7
1 Timothy 6:17-19
Live It Out
End each week with a challenge to take action. Lead your group to help each person identify their next steps.
- Pick at least one need in or outside of your group that your group can tackle with generosity this week.
- Rounding up was a step for Craig. What would be a first step for you to become known as irrationally generous?
- Take the three-month tithe challenge: go2.lc/tithechallenge
- Start a Bible Plan that inspires generosity. Here’s a great video- driven plan: go2.lc/ilikegiving