Think back through Louie’s talk. What stuck out?
1 John 4:7-12 NIV
7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.
God's Mirror List
- I love you.
- I'm grateful for you.
- You're a rare and beautiful treasure.
- I forgive you.
- I'll hold you to high standards with appropriate amounts of grace and mercy.
- You have a special calling.
- I'm cheering for you, and I believe in you.
"Sin doesn't make us bad; it makes us dead. Jesus didn't come to make us good; He came to make us alive."
"Our story is not that we love God. Our story is that He loves us."
Start Talking: find a conversation starter for your group.
- What’s your favorite Michael Jackson song? Give it a listen.
- What’s the one thing you can’t get out of your head from Louie’s talk? What made it stay with you?
Start Thinking: ask questions to get your group thinking.
- How will your week look different if you believe all of heaven is cheering for you?
- Do you see yourself as if God likes you, loves you, or “so loves” you? How can you change your perspective?
- Whose voice is loudest in your head when you look in the mirror? How does that voice shape your life?
Start Sharing: choose questions that create openness.
- Share the story of how God pursued you.
- What do you try to get from people that you’ve already received from God? Who will you start loving the way “God so loved” you?
- Work out the differences between heaven’s view of you and the earth’s opinions of you. How can you embrace God’s view?
Start Praying: be bold and pray specifically.
- Holy Spirit, will You speak to our hearts about who we are today? God, we need to know, feel, and believe what You know, feel, and believe about us. Thank You for loving us so much that You sent Jesus to get us on beat with Your song!
From the Source
Keep Reading: dig into more Scriptures about you.
Live It Out
Start Doing: commit to a step and live it out this week.
- What one person will you talk to about what God thinks about them this week? Share a name with the group, and create a reminder in your phone.
- Keep reading what God says about you. Pick a Bible Plan to complete together at go2.lc/plans
- Start each day with a short prayer inviting God’s perspective of you into your day.
Leaders, Craig filmed this video to thank you: go2.lc/heroes