Start by reviewing Pastor Craig's key points.
- You will have a season of preparation.
Song of Solomon 2:11-12
- You may have a season of infatuation.
Song of Solomon 2:8-10
In this season, limit your
In all seasons
- Pursue intimacy.
Song of Solomon 2:14
- Protect your purity.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Song of Solomon 2:16-17
Facilitate discussion that engages everyone. Choose questions that will lead each person to own their own growth.
- Which season is your favorite (like the actual weather)?
- What season are you in (like the seasons Craig described)? How can you embrace the season you’re in?
- What do you need to pursue or protect?
- What are your experiences with relational intimacy (meaning complete transparency) Craig talked about? Why do you think that kind of closeness is harder for some people than others?
- Did you have any examples of a good, godly marriage when you were growing up? How have those early impressions shaped your outlook on marriage?
- What do you need to limit right now — time, talk, or touch?
- What reflections have you had over the past week about last week’s qualities to develop and look for? (Godly character, growing trust, higher standards, consistent encouragement)
- What are your thoughts about marriage in general? What about for yourself specifically?
- What is easy for you to embrace in your current season of life? What things are more difficult for you in this season?
- What standards have you set (or will you set) to help protect the purity of your relationships?
For Married Couples
- What’s one thing your spouse does that makes you feel close?
- What would take your marriage beyond just sharing space and stuff? What would bring you closer to true intimacy?
- How have you protected the purity of your relationship? What are some ways you could improve that together in the future?
- What does it feel like to know you belong to your spouse? What’s nice about that? What’s hard about that for you?
Live It Out
End with a challenge to take action. Lead your group to help each person identify their next steps.
- What will you do to build healthy intimacy with the people you’re close to? What will you do to be truly transparent?
- What will you do this week to get and stay close to Jesus? Share at least one specific action step you will commit to.