LEADER NOTE: Please prayerfully consider what a painful topic this may be for those with bitterness, shame, guilt, or abuse in their past. Contact a pastor if you find someone in your group needs support beyond your group’s ability to serve them.
Start by reviewing Pastor Craig's key points.
Four Qualities of God-Honoring Sex
- God-honoring sex starts before the bedroom.
Song of Solomon 4:1-2
Song of Solomon 4:3-4
"Long before you make a move, build intimacy."
- God-honoring sex is passionate.
Song of Solomon 4:5
Song of Solomon 4:6
- God-honoring sex is built on absolute trust.
Song of Solomon 4:7
"You are each other’s only legitimate way to find sexual fulfillment."
- God-honoring sex is holy.
Song of Solomon 4:12-13
Song of Solomon 4:15-16
"Only Christ makes something holy."
Get everyone engaged and participating by starting with an easy question everyone can answer and then move toward questions that lead each person to own their own growth.
- When was the last time you read a magazine? What magazine was it?
- Which magazine covers at the grocery store make you want to read the articles?
- What sources have influenced your view of sex? How does what you learned before compare to what the message said?
- Regardless of your season in life, what can you take away from the message that challenges you?
- What models have you seen of a married relationship that honors God?
- What does the concept of holiness mean to you?
- What can you do to build a foundation for great married sex during this season of your life?
- Do you agree that God created sex to be enjoyed only by married couples? Why or why not? What challenges you about this biblical standard?
- Tell about a relationship where you experienced absolute trust. How can you build that, especially if trust has been broken?
For Married Couples
- What is the sexiest non-sexual thing your spouse does that’s attractive to you?
- What’s something you really like about your spouse that you probably don’t say often enough?
- In what ways can you make your spouse’s sexual fulfillment a priority?
- What obstacles get in the way of making your sex life satisfying for both of you?
Live It Out
End with a challenge to take action. Lead your group to help each person identify their next steps.
- What commitments do you need to make for your sexuality to be God-honoring?
- What will you do to get past any baggage you have in this area and make a new start?