Think back through Craig’s talk. What stuck out?
Romans 15:5-7 John 17:20-21,23 Romans 12:5 John 13:34-35 Acts 4:32,34
so that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. - Romans 15:6 NIV
Why Pray for Unity?
- Because we desperately need each other.
- Because the world will see God’s love.
- Because we can do infinitely more together.
"We pray for unity so that God would be glorified and the world would know He sent Jesus."
"We may speak different languages, but we worship one Savior!"
"People are sick and tired of hearing about the love of Jesus—they want to see it!"
Start Talking: find a conversation starter for your group.
- Have you ever heard our church bad-talked? How can we respond to create unity?
- What hit you right between the eyes from Craig’s talk?
Start Thinking: ask questions to get your group thinking.
- Does your life include Christians from diverse churches and cultures? How could your faith become more inclusive?
- Think outside the box. What do you do at work, home, school, or in your community that shows Christ’s love?
- If all the Christians who lived in your neighborhood were in “complete unity,” how would your neighborhood look different?
Start Sharing: choose questions that create openness.
- Think of a time when you were a part of Christians showing love in unity. How did it come about? Is it still happening?
- Have you been accepted by others as Christ accepts us? How would you describe the feeling? How can we live this way?
- How can our LifeGroup become known for showing—not just talking about—God’s love?
Start Praying: be bold and pray specifically.
- Pray for compassion to accept others as Christ accepted you. Ask confidently for the Holy Spirit to give you boldness to show the love of Christ. Pray the local church will become known by our actions, as the hope of the world.
From the Source
Keep Reading: dig into more Scriptures about unity.
1 Peter 3:8 Ephesians 4:1-6 2 Corinthians 13:11 Matthew 18:15-20
Live It Out
Start Doing: commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Contact campus staff to ask about Connect Locally opportunities in your community.
- Follow along with the Pray Bible Plan, and invite friends and family to do the same: go2.lc/prayplan
- Pray for unity in the church this week and seek out opportunities to become known for Christ’s love.
Leaders, Craig filmed this video to thank you: go2.lc/heroes