Start your discussion by reviewing Pastor Craig’s key points.
This week’s text is Daniel 1:1-20.
“If you don’t stand for something, you’ll fall for anything.”
How deep do you want to take your group? Choose from these suggestions to lead your discussion.
- What are some of the ways you’ve seen people blend into the world?
- What do you need to overcome that will enable you to fully stand out for God?
- Share a time when you stood out for God in the right way. What resulted from your taking a stand?
- What do you think is most difficult about standing out for God and not blending in?
- What’s one way you’re being lured to blend into today’s world.
- Craig said, “I’d rather be remembered for standing out than forgotten for blending in.” How does that statement make you feel?
- What are some examples of standing out for God in the wrong way you’ve observed?
From the Source
Read through these scriptures together if you want to introduce a new angle into your discussion.
Live It Out
End with a challenge to take action. Choose a closing question to help each person identify their next steps.
- What step will you take this week to stand out for God in the right way?
- What decision can you “pre-decide” this week so you’ll know what to do later?