Start your discussion by reviewing Pastor Craig’s key points.
This week’s text is Daniel 4:22-34.
Two confrontational extremes
- Some are unwilling to confont.
- Some confront unlovingly.
Galatians 6:1 NLT
- God, help me confront with the goal of restoration.
- God, help me confront with caution.
How deep do you want to take your group? Choose from these suggestions to lead your discussion.
- Which of the two confrontational extremes do you find yourself most often taking?
- Share a time when you confronted another person. How did you do it and what resulted from it?
- What obstacles might be standing in your way of taking a more prayerful approach when confronting others?
- Share a time when someone confronted you. How did they confront you, and did the way they confront you help or hurt you?
- Craig said when we confront, we’re vulnerable to pride, and could see ourselves above others. Have you ever experienced this truth? If so, how?
- What’s one situation you’re dealing with that you’re having to trust God for the results?
From the Source
Read through these scriptures together if you want to introduce a new angle into your discussion.
Live It Out
End with a challenge to take action. Choose a closing question to help each person identify their next steps.
- Who do you need to confront? How will you prayerfully confront them?
- How can our group pray over these confrontations before they happen?
- What relationship do you need to work to restore?