Start your discussion by reviewing Pastor Craig’s key points.
This week’s text is Daniel 6:1-23.
Three Truths to Help You Stand Strong
- When God raises you up, expect people to pull you down.
- Kneeling to pray is what gives you the strength to stand.
- When you do what’s right, you can always trust God with the results.
How deep do you want to take your group? Choose from these suggestions to lead your discussion.
- Where do you need to stand strong?
- How have you seen the power of prayer give you the strength to stand strong?
- Craig said, “When God raises you up, expect people to tear you down.” Have you experienced the truth of this statement? If so, how?
- How would you describe the current state of your prayer life? What’s good and what might need improvement?
- Share a time when you did the right thing even thought it was difficult. What resulted from your obedience to God?
- What qualities in Daniel do you admire most?
From the Source
Read through these scriptures together if you want to introduce a new angle into your discussion.
Live It Out
End with a challenge to take action. Choose a closing question to help each person identify their next steps.
- What steps will you take this week to stand strong?
- What do you feel like God is saying to you through this message and our discussion? What will you do about that this week?