Craig filmed this bonus content just for your discussion group. Watch the video, then discuss the message.
Think back through Craig's talk. What stuck out?
If you search for good, you will find favor; but if you search for evil, it will find you!
Proverbs 11:27 NLT
8 Reasons I’m Optimistic From Romans 8
- My sins are forgiven, and my eternity is secure.
- Jesus is at the right hand of God praying for me.
- My future victory is greater than my present pain.
- My mind is filled with the peace of God.
- If God is for me, who can be against me?
- God’s Spirit helps me in my weakness.
- God’s working everything in my life for good.
- Nothing can separate me from the love of God.
"I'm optimistic not because of what I feel, not because of what I see, but because of what God says."
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- Do you travel well?
- Which Stay Positive character are you? Prove it with a story.
Start thinking. Ask questions to get your group thinking.
- Read Proverbs 11:27. How does this play out in daily life?
- What does the word "optimism" make you think of? How does it make you feel? Be honest.
Start sharing. Choose questions that create openness.
- Is your attitude based more on what you see or what God says? How can you move toward the latter?
- Which of the eight (or 23) reasons to stay optimistic from Romans 8 comes hardest? Which comes easiest? Why?
- Have you experienced pain that God repurposed for good? Share your story.
- Pick one of the 8 Reasons you’re least optimistic about. How would your life look different if you fully believed it?
Start praying. Be bold, and pray specifically.
- Jesus, first of all, thank You for giving your life to make all of Romans 8 true! Will You empower us to fully embrace these truths? Thank You for this group. We pray that we will grow together during these next six weeks. Amen.
From the Source
Start digging. Read Scripture about Godly optimism.
Psalm 103:11-13 James 1:2-4 Genesis 50:20 Psalm 27:1
Live It Out
Start doing. Commit to a step, and live it out this week.
- Keep optimism alive in my week with this new Bible Plan. go2.lc/optimistic
- How will you become more optimistic? Share your action plan with the group.
- Pick a portion of Romans 8 to memorize.
Leaders, Craig filmed this video to thank you: go2.lc/heroes