Craig filmed this bonus content just for your discussion group. Watch the video, then discuss the message.
Think back through Craig's talk. What stuck out?
The Ten Lepers -Luke 17:11-18
James 1:17 Ecclesiastes 6:9Philippians 4:11-13Psalm 63:4-5 Psalm 103:2-5
Three Grateful Statements
- I know every good thing I have comes from God.
- I will not let what I want rob me of what I have.
- I will turn every blessing I have into praise.
"Gratitude turns what we have into enough."
"It's not happy people who are grateful. It's grateful people who are happy!"
"Until Christ is all you have, you won't realize Christ is all you need."
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- Share the silliest things you complain about. Slow "high-speed" Internet? Broken A/C in your second car?
- Describe someone who bursts with gratitude.
Start thinking. Ask questions to get your group thinking.
- How are you living like the grateful leper? How are you living like the other nine?
- What do you think greater gratitude could unlock in your life?
Start sharing. Choose questions that create openness.
- Share a thing or a person you're grateful for. Share the story of how it/they came into your life. Do you see God in it?
- Share a job, relationship, or possession that you really want. How is your desire affecting your view of what you have?
- Think back. What are some blessings you didn't realize or didn't turn into praise? Share your newfound praise.
- Read the three grateful statements. Which is the hardest to grasp? What's something keeping you from living it?
Start praying. Be bold, and pray specifically.
- God, You are full of wonder. Everything good comes from You. From the most beautiful sunset to my best idea, You thought of it all. Then, despite our failure to praise You only, You sent Jesus to save us. Teach us to always praise You. Thank You!
From the Source
Start digging. Read Scripture about being grateful.
Psalm 118:22-24 1 Thessalonians 5:15-18 Psalm 136 Colossians 3:15-20
Live It Out
Start doing. Commit to a step, and begin living it this week.
- Make gratitude a daily habit with the new I'm Grateful Bible Plan. go2.lc/grateful
- Write at least two thank-you notes this week: one to God and one to someone who's blessed you.
- Write a seven-day list with a different blessing you'll praise God for each day.
Leaders, Craig filmed this video to thank you: go2.lc/heroes