Craig filmed this bonus content just for your discussion group. Watch the video, then discuss the message.
Think back through Craig's talk. What stuck out to you?
... Forget about self-confidence; it's useless. Cultivate God-confidence.
1 Corinthians 10:12 MSG
Psalm 57:7 Romans 8:31Hebrews 10:35Hebrews 13:5-6 Psalm 46:1 Philippians 1:6 Colossians 1:3-5
Why I'm Not Focused on Self-confidence
- My heart is deceitful.
- My flesh is weak.
- My behavior is inconsistent.
Three Truths to Help You Cultivate God-Confidence
- My God is always for me.
- My God always helps me.
- My God is still working in me.
"We don't live for God's approval. We live from His approval."
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- What's something silly that would totally embarrass you?
- How does your insecurity show? Are you a people-pleaser, compliment-fisher, or one-upper?
Start thinking. Ask questions to get your group thinking.
- Do you think other people consider you to be confident? Why or why not?
- How would you describe the difference between self- confidence and God-confidence? How does each play out?
Start sharing. Choose questions that create openness.
- Does your faith look more like you're living for or from the approval of God? What could move you toward the latter?
- What's the one thing that makes you feel like you still need to work on getting God's approval?
- My God is always for me. My God always helps me. My God is still working in me. Which truth do you need most right now?
- What do you think you'll never be _____ enough to do? What does God think?
Start praying. Be bold, and pray specifically.
- Holy Spirit will You replace our broken sense of self-security with reliance on you? God, Your Spirit is always for us, always helping us, and always working in us. You started this good work and we believe You'll be faithful to complete it. Amen.
From the Source
Start digging. Read Scripture about confidence in God.
Proverbs 14:26 1 John 1:9 James 4:10 John 15:5
Live It Out
Start doing. Commit to a step, and live it out this week.
- Cultivate God-confidence with this week's Bible Plan. go2.lc/confident
- Which "My God is" statement will you cling to this week?
- What bold step do you need to take with God-confidence?
Leaders, Craig filmed this video to thank you: go2.lc/heroes