Feed Your Spirit
Think back through Craig's talk. What stuck out?
... where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory...
2 Corinthians 3:17-18 NIV
How Is Tech Changing Relationships?
- The term friend is evolving.
- We’re becoming addicted to immediate affirmation.
- We have the power to do friendship on our own terms.
The Truth About Veiled Living
- A veil that first covers the face eventually covers the heart.
- Only Christ can remove the veil.
“We have to make sure technology is enhancing our relationships, not replacing them.”
“We were not created to collect followers but to follow Christ.”
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- What’s your favorite social media site? Why?
- What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever seen happen on social media?
Start thinking. Ask questions to get your group thinking.
- If someone you'd never met started following you on social media, how would they describe you? Is that the real you?
- On a scale from just enough to way too much, how much time do you spend on social media?
- Do you think social media is inherently good or bad?
Start sharing. Choose questions that create openness.
- Do you feel addicted to your phone or social media? How does 2 Corinthians 3:17-18 make you feel?
- What are the best things social media is doing for you? What are the worst things?
- Have you ever fasted from social media? What did you gain? What did you do instead?
- Does anyone in the group not use social media at all? Explain what that’s like.
Start praying. Be bold, and pray specifically.
- God, thank You for making us innovators of technology. Thank You for new ways to communicate and make You known. Will You show us where we need to make changes in our use of technology? Thank You for your grace and freedom! Amen.
From the Source
Start digging. Read Scripture about feeding your spirit.
Live It Out
Start doing. Commit to a step, and live it out this week.
- Do something great with your phone! Start reading the #struggles Bible Plan. go2.lc/struggles
- Skip social media for all or part of this week. Replace it with time with God and others.
- Make a social media plan for you or your family. Agree on how you’ll use it instead of letting it use you.
Leaders, Craig filmed this video to thank you: go2.lc/heroes