The Hard Right
Think back through Craig's talk. What stuck out?
This is what the LORD Almighty says: “Give careful thought to your ways. Go up into the mountains and bring down timber and build my house, so that I may take pleasure in it and be honored,” says the LORD.
Haggai 1:7-8 NIV
Choose The Hard Right Over The Easy Wrong
- It’s easy to keep a sin secret. It’s hard and right to confess and ask for help.
- It’s easy to keep buying what you want. It’s hard and right to deny yourself.
- It’s easy to hold a grudge. It’s hard and right to forgive.
- It’s easy to follow a crowd. It’s hard and right to not conform.
- It’s easy to quit. It’s hard and right to press through with His strength.
How To Rebuild
- Go to the mountain.
- Bring down the timber.
- Build His house.
"The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing."
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- Who's helped build or rebuild something? What's the hardest part?
- What part of the message is still moving you?
Start thinking. Ask questions to get your group thinking.
- Read Haggai 1:6. What is consistent throughout this verse?
- Why do you think the Jews had stalled in their progress of rebuilding God’s house?
- What’s your greatest barrier to acting on God’s plans?
Start sharing. Choose questions that create openness.
- Has your life ever looked like Haggai 1:6? What have you learned from that period?
- Which area of your life do you most need to rebuild your devotion to God?
- Describe what your three steps to laying a new foundation— based on Haggai 1:8—might look like.
- Have you ever had to lay a new foundation in your life before? What worked? How did it turn out?
Start praying. Be bold, and pray specifically.
- Holy Spirit, we’re going to need Your help to see where our lives need remodeling. God, we need Your strength to stay dedicated to the work You’re doing in and through us. Will You come today and refresh our passion to make You known?
From the Source
Start digging. Read Scripture about feeding your spirit.
1 Corinthians 3:16 James 1:22-25 Ephesians 2:19-22 Ecclesiastes 9:10
Live It Out
Start doing. Commit to a step, and live it out this week.
- Want help getting started? Our whole church is reading The Time Is Now Bible Plan at go2.lc/timeisnow
- What are some practical ways you’ll make God’s work your priority? Write a list, and put it on your fridge.
- Do something for someone else or for the church instead of yourself this week. Then, make it a new habit.
Leaders, Craig filmed this video to thank you: go2.lc/heroes