What Kind of Church Will We Be?
Think back through this week's message. What really stuck out?
We Will Statements
We will remain radically devoted to Jesus and to one another.
We will continue to launch new churches in cities across the nation and beyond.
We will always leverage and redeem technology to spread the gospel.
We will lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ.
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- What first drew you to Life.Church? Share your story of how you came to be a part of our church.
- How has our church changed since your first experience?
Start thinking. Ask questions to get your group thinking.
- What’s the difference between being a consumer and a contributor? What are some ways you could take another step away from consuming and toward contributing?
- What’s the thing about our church that you’re the most proud of? How could you share that excitement outside our group?
- How does it make you feel to say our mission aloud? What specific action can you allow it to stir you to do this year?
Start sharing. Choose questions that create openness.
- “What kind of church will we be?” We are the church. So what is your personal and your group’s answer to Craig’s question?
- What are ways you feel like you’ve grown spiritually as a part of our church? How will you return that to lead others to grow?
- How closely does Life.Church’s reputation for generosity match your own? Recall the changes Craig described the church made. What might have to be different for you to earn a reputation for generosity?
Start praying. Be bold, and pray specifically.
- God, let our group be an example of the kind of church You would have us be. Help us go “all in” to live our lives in line with these “we statements.” Stir us to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ. In Jesus’ name, amen.
Start digging. Review this week’s Scripture passage.
Read Acts 2:42-47 and 4:33-35 out loud. This couldn’t be more directly speaking to what you’re doing right now. How can this passage inspire more closeness with each other and more engagement in our church community?
Live It Out
Start doing. Commit to a step, and live it out this week.
- Are you “all in”? You’re in a LifeGroup, but has everyone found their place to serve? Encourage each person to get engaged in serving in the church. Your campus staff will be glad to help.
- Want more reminders of God's faithfulness, power, and goodness? Subscribe to Ask Think Imagine in the YouVersion Bible App. It was written by various Life.Church staff in celebration of our 20-year anniversary!
Want the Talk It Over guide emailed to you each week? Make it happen at go2.lc/emailme