Do Not Judge
Let Pastor Craig lead your discussion with this week's video. Also, find this video on Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, Fire TV, and YouTube
"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."
Matthew 7:1-2 NIV
What Is Clear About Judging
- Never judge superficially.
- Never judge hypocritically.
- Never hold non-Christians to Christian standards.
1 Corinthians 5:12
- Always help other believers who have fallen to be restored.
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- Who’s your favorite reality TV judge? What would it be like for you to be judged by them?
- What is one of the first times you remember being judged? How did it make you feel?
Start thinking. Ask questions to get your group thinking.
- Describe a time when you judged someone superficially. Why do you think it’s so easy to do?
- Why are superficial judgments harmful to relationships?
- How would you define a hypocrite? How do you think people become hypocritical?
Start sharing. Choose questions that create openness.
- What are the situations in your life where you feel most judged? When are you most judgmental of others?
- Which of Pastor Craig’s four points are most difficult for you to live out? Why?
- Do you ever have standards for others that you struggle to meet yourself? If so, what’s another alternative?
- Do you lean more toward grace or truth? How is God using this teaching to help you grow?
- Read Galatians 6:1-2. Discuss the type of relationship that would be necessary for this kind of restoration.
Start praying. Be bold, and pray specifically.
- Jesus, if anyone has the right to judge, it’s You. Yet You came to save the world, not to condemn it. As we become more like You, will You teach us to restore the people around us, not to destroy them? Thank You for Your grace to save us. Amen.
Live It Out
Start doing. Commit to a step, and live it out this week.
- Read through the Twisted Bible Plan together. go2.lc/twisted
- What changes can you make to lead with grace before truth, especially in your relationships with people who don’t follow Jesus?
- Are there people you need to help gently restore? What is your next step to come alongside their recovery?
Want the Talk It Over guide emailed to you each week? Make it happen at go2.lc/emailme