At Life.Church, we come from a wide range of personal and professional backgrounds—many of us never worked for a church until we found our calling here. But we all believe we’re called to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ, and we believe we’re infinitely better together than we are apart. Are you ready to be part of the incredible things God’s doing here?
Life.Church embraces the use of technology in the pursuit of our calling and is always seeking ways to improve the systems and programs that help share God’s love with the world. We’re looking for a Data Engineer who will improve the quality and reduce the cycle time of data analytics in the organization. Are you the type of person who processes life as one giant, highly complex SQL query? Continue reading to see if you might be the right fit for this role.
- Comfortable being known as a data nerd by all your friends
- Excited to work in a team environment and are always ready to help those around you
- Experienced in ETL for data warehousing
- Skilled in one or more scripting languages—such as Python—to consume data from APIs
- Willing to do whatever it takes to help your team be successful
- A wizard in SQL and at least one database platform, such as PostgreSQL, MSSQL, or MySQL
- Be part of a team who cares about you and your personal growth and development
- Ensure data architecture supports the requirements of the organization
- Design, develop, and maintain various data analytics pipelines from their conception to production and maintenance
- Automate and streamline the process to ingest third-party data into our data warehouse
- Employ a variety of languages and tools to ingest, integrate, and model data
The cherry on top:
- You function as a software engineer but have a love for data analysis
- You develop strategies to win spontaneous Nerf wars