At Life.Church, we’re honored and excited to be a part of what God is doing in the United States and around the globe. We’re pushing the boundaries of what the Church can accomplish as we lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ in a digital age. We’re passionate about leveraging the latest technology to meet people wherever they are—both in the world and in their walk with God. We’ll do anything short of sin to reach people who don’t know Jesus.
The YouVersion team is looking for a unique individual to serve as a DevOps Engineer. With more than 315 million installs of the Bible App and 19 million installs of the Bible App for Kids, the YouVersion team continues to grow and evolve in an effort to appropriately steward the opportunities brought our way.
If you are excited about using technology to help people become fully devoted followers of Christ, keep reading for details.
You’ll work well if you:
- Are familiar with DevOps principles, practices, and tools
- Love collecting and graphing data and have an eye for detail
- Can solve large, complex tech problems to make systems faster and more reliable
- Are a skilled communicator, time manager, and team player
- Want to dedicate your life to something that is making a difference on a global scale
You’ll wow us if you’re:
- Skilled in Linux system administration
- Detail-oriented when working with configuration management and system orchestration platforms like SaltStack, Puppet, Ansible, or Chef
- Fluent enough in PHP or Python to understand the intricacies of a code base and how changes will affect its operations
- Able to create custom programs and scripts to use for monitoring our infrastructure or task automation
- Experienced in code revision control and source code management systems such as git, GitHub, and Stash
- An expert in running high-use services, including requirements and capacity analysis, service configuration, and change management
- Experienced with some of the items in our technology stack, including: SaltStack, Nginx, HAProxy, Varnish, Redis, memcached, PostgreSQL, Gearman, Solr, logstash, elasticsearch, Jenkins, Docker, Vagrant, Sensu, Bamboo, Corosync, Pacemaker, Consul and ZooKeeper
You’ll fit right in if:
- Your news feed is full of DevOps Reactions, Hacker News, and security bulletins
- When looking at a graph of API call, you can’t help but wonder what caused a 5ms fluctuation
- Even your sock drawer has a backup
This position will be located at the Life.Church Central offices in Edmond, OK.