At Life.Church, we’re honored and excited to be a part of what God is doing in the United States and around the globe. We’re pushing the boundaries of what the Church can accomplish as we lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ in a digital age. We’re passionate about leveraging the latest technology to meet people wherever they are—both in the world and in their walk with God. We’ll do anything short of sin to reach people who don’t know Jesus.
The Life.Church Open Network Team is looking for a forward-thinking senior software engineer who will work on a variety of projects, used by many thousands of people. Your domain of expertise will reach from back-end to web to mobile apps to the next technology that becomes the new best way to help Life.Church attenders, volunteers, and staff members better find and follow Christ. Technology moves quickly and so do we, so the ideal candidate is creative and ready to help forge new paths as part of a team focused on serving the church with excellent, modern software.
If you have a full-stack mentality and the willingness to jump in and execute on any problem thrown at you, read on to see if you might be the perfect fit for this role.
- A digital native who is passionate about leveraging technology to serve the local church
- Focused on the details while understanding the importance of shipping high quality software products
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity, flexible deadlines, and constantly doing new things
- A strong time manager with the organizational skills to drive projects to completion
- An excellent communicator, leader, presenter, and collaborator who works well with team members representing product, design, web development, and product marketing
- Join a fast-moving team passionate about innovating and creating the best software we can, for the sake of the greatest mission there is
- Be part of a team who cares about you and your personal growth and development
- Design, build, and own various services and APIs—from their conception to production and maintenance
- Solve unique problems as you work between product and infrastructure
- Create simple, clean code to power new product features, as well as refactor and improve existing code when things get a little too hairy
- Take ownership of projects and oversee them with minimal direction
- At least five years of experience working on a productive software team
- The ability to act as key engineer on our team – planning, building, and delivering
- Experience with modern automated testing setups, CI systems, and ongoing monitoring
- Created great software with polished interfaces on mobile devices (iOS or Android) and Web (with and without Angular, React, and Rails)
- Working knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
- An understanding of API design, distributed back-end systems, and containers
- A deep desire to make excellent software for the glory of God and the benefit of His global Church
The cherry on top:
- Simplicity is your goal – even when it takes more work to achieve that goal
- You enjoy a continuous integration workflow with zero-downtime deploys
- You get really annoyed at poorly designed software, and you know how to fix it
- You sleep better at night knowing your code is tested
This is a full-time position located at the Life.Church Central offices in Edmond, OK.