We believe a job is something you do, but a calling is who you are. God calls people to Life.Church from a wide range of backgrounds, but He’s brought us all here for one reason: to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ. And while we’re thrilled to look back and celebrate what He’s already done through this church, we know we’re just getting started. We’re looking forward to seeing what He will do through the people He’s calling to be part of this team.
This internship offers a unique opportunity to work on software projects that reach the world alongside full-time software engineers on the Life.Church Digital Missions team. The Digital Missions team is passionate about leveraging the latest technology to meet people wherever they are—both in the world and in their walk with God.
Through the Life.Church Leadership XP program, interns will have the opportunity to develop under some of the best leaders in ministry and work in a team environment that encourages personal and professional growth. Interns will experience firsthand the global impact of our team by having the opportunity to work in one of the following product areas: Mobile, DevOps, Technical Infrastructure, Web Application Development, Search, Analytics, and more.
Who you are:
- A follower of Christ who is passionate about leveraging technology to serve the local church
- Experienced in writing high quality apps and/or web pages using modern technology
- A relaxed, fun, casual person who is also intensely focused and joyfully brings your best each day
What you’ll do:
- Complete a technical project that will expose you to large scale applications and their architectural complexity, in use in the real world, for kingdom purposes
- Attend talks hosted by our Learning Team, Senior Engineers, and learn how to prepare for technical interviews
- Be paired directly with one of our engineers as your Assignment Leader to help guide you through your internship experience
- Build lasting relationships and your network through a group of interns who share your passion for technology and impacting the world through software
What you’ll need:
- A major in Computer Science or similar, and a proficiency in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM)
The cherry on top:
- You have incredible GIF-selecting skills for use in our Slack channels
- You get really annoyed at poorly designed software, and know how to fix it!
Full-time Interns earn $10 hourly.
This is a 20-30 hours a week internship from January - June 2018 located at the Life.Church Central Offices in Edmond, OK.