The Cure for Complaining
Review this week’s message.
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.
Philippians 4:4-8 ESV
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your LifeGroup. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- Have you felt like complaining about anything recently? If so, what?
- What’s something you’re grateful for right now?
Start thinking. Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- How often do you find yourself complaining? How do you think complaining or negative thinking affects you?
- Pastor Sam talked about several benefits of gratitude. Have you ever personally experienced any of those benefits? What kind of difference did gratitude make in your life?
- Read Philippians 4:4-7. How would your life be different if your heart and mind were always guarded by God’s peace?
Start sharing. Choose a question to create openness.
- How can you start practicing gratitude this week?
- What are some ways you can share your gratefulness with others?
Start praying. Be bold and pray with power.
Father, thank You for all the ways in which You bless us and support us. In good times and hard times, we pray that You’ll remind us of the work You’re doing in our lives. Give us the thankful hearts we need to express the gratitude You deserve. In Jesus’ name, amen.
Start doing. Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Consider the ways God has been at work in your life. Then take time to thank God and worship Him for all He’s done.
- Reserve seats for an upcoming service at a Life.Church location near you: www.life.church/update
- Join us at Church Online any day of the week: live.life.church
- Start one of the Stay Positive Bible Plans with friends: www.go2.lc/staypositive
Find this in our app. Open the app, choose this message, then tap “Talk It Over.”
Get this in your inbox. Visit info.life.church/talkitover
Whoever finds God, finds life. More of God’s truth all week long at finds.life.church