What Every Warrior Needs to Hear
Review this week’s message.
... “Absalom may go to his own house, but he must never come into my presence.” So Absalom did not see the king.
2 Samuel 14:24 NLT
The king was overcome with emotion. He went up to the room over the gateway and burst into tears. And as he went, he cried, “O my son Absalom! My son, my son Absalom! If only I had died instead of you! O Absalom, my son, my son.”
2 Samuel 18:33 NLT
As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”
Matthew 3:16-17 NIV
Let Pastor Craig lead your LifeGroup.
- Pastor Craig created LifeGroup videos for Warrior. Find them everywhere you watch Life.Church videos and at www.life.church/groups
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- Who do you think is the best on-screen father? Why?
- Did you ever break a bone as a kid? How did your family members react to your injury?
Start thinking. Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- Every guardian has strengths. Think about how you were raised. What was a blessing about how you grew up?
- Every guardian has weaknesses, too. What was challenging about how you grew up?
- God the Father told Jesus three things at His baptism: “I believe in You,” “I’m proud of You,” and “I will always love You.” Which of these three things do you think you most need to express to the people in your life?
Start sharing. Choose a question to create openness.
- Looking back, we have talked about the heart of a warrior, the insecure warrior, the warrior’s weakness, and the wounded warrior. What is the one thing that stands out to you as something God showed you?
- With that in mind, what are you going to do about it?
Start praying. Be bold and pray with power.
God, thank You for being such a good Father. Thank You for the real affection and affirmation You show each of us. Teach us to show those around us the same care You extend to us. Help us to rise up as men and women of faith. In Jesus’ name, amen.
Start doing. Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Consider how God is calling you to grow as a warrior this week. However He prompts you, put that call into action.
- Learn more about defeating fear and finding purpose in your battles through the Warrior Bible Plan: www.go2.lc/warriorplan
Find this in our app. Open the app, choose this message, then tap “Talk It Over.”
Get this in your inbox. Visit info.life.church/talkitover
Whoever finds God, finds life. More of God’s truth all week long at finds.life.church