Defeat Your Negative Thoughts
Winning the War in Your Mind
Review this week’s message.
For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
2 Corinthians 10:3-5 NIV
Now I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that what has happened to me has actually served to advance the gospel. As a result, it has become clear throughout the whole palace guard and to everyone else that I am in chains for Christ. And because of my chains, most of the brothers and sisters have become confident in the Lord and dare all the more to proclaim the gospel without fear.
Philippians 1:12-14 NIV
Let Pastor Craig lead your LifeGroup.
- Pastor Craig partnered with the You’ve Heard It Said podcast to create LifeGroup discussion episodes for Winning the War in Your Mind. Find the third episode at www.go2.lc/thoughts (from 3/1).
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- Do you use filters on your photos on social media? If so, which one is your favorite? If not, why not?
Start thinking. Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- Which part of this message was most impactful for you and why?
- Would you say you tend to have a more positive mindset or a negative one? How could you start training your mind to look for God in every situation?
- Read Philippians 1:12-14. What are some ways you could start reframing your circumstances?
Start sharing. Choose a question to create openness.
- Share about a time when you saw Jesus bring meaning and purpose to your pain.
- Everyone has a personal struggle they’re facing. What’s yours? How can you look for God in it?
Start praying. Be bold and pray with power.
Father, give me eyes to see Your faithfulness, goodness, and grace at work, even when I face difficult situations. Draw me close to You. Thank You for always being with me. Help me reframe my perspective and look for You in all things. In Jesus’ name, amen.
Start doing. Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Spend time praying over the struggles everyone’s facing. Ask God not only for comfort but also for eyes to see His goodness, even in the middle of pain.
- Start the Winning the War in Your Mind Bible Plan using Plans With Friends: www.go2.lc/war
- Consider how you could love others by serving on the weekend or with a Local Mission Partner.
Find this in our app. Open the app, choose this message, then tap “Talk It Over.”
Get this in your inbox. Visit info.life.church/talkitover
Whoever finds God, finds life. More of God’s truth all week long at finds.life.church