Can I Believe in God and Science?
Review this week’s message.
“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.”
Revelation 22:13 NIV
... who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
John 1:14 NIV
... looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith.
Hebrews 12:2 NKJV
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Genesis 1:1 NIV
Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
Genesis 1:2 NIV
The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display his craftsmanship. Day after day they continue to speak; night after night they make him known.
Psalm 19:1-2 NLT
And if Christ has not been raised, then all our preaching is useless, and your faith is useless.
1 Corinthians 15:14 NLT
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
What’s something you learned in school that you still use today?
Start thinking. Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- Which part of this message was most impactful for you and why?
- How do you typically think about the relationship between science and the Bible?
- Read Revelation 22:13. When you consider science and the Bible as being “both/and” instead of “either/or,” what thoughts and feelings come up?
Start sharing. Choose a question to create openness.
- Share about an experience that required you to fully trust God, even if you still had questions. How was your faith impacted during that time?
- What truth about Jesus can you remember when you have doubts and questions? How might that truth help you sustain a growing, maturing faith?
Start praying. Be bold and pray with power.
Father, thank You for helping us see the relationship between science and Your Word. We choose to trust in You, even when we don’t have all the answers. Please use our questions to build our faith and bring us closer to You. In Jesus’ name, amen.
Start doing. Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Spend time thinking about the truths of Jesus and your personal experiences with Jesus. Write these truths out, and put them in a place where you’ll see them regularly.
- Start the Doubting God Bible Plan using Plans With Friends: www.go2.lc/DoubtingGod
- Consider how you could love others by serving on the weekend www.life.church/serving or with a Local Mission Partner www.life.church/localmissions.