Do This to Get Closer to God
Review this week’s message.
One thing I ask from the LORD, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Psalm 27:4 NIV
You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.
Psalm 63:1-3 NIV
The instructions of the LORD are perfect, reviving the soul. The decrees of the LORD are trustworthy … The commandments of the LORD are right, bringing joy to the heart. The commands of the Lord are clear, giving insight for living. … They are more desirable than gold ... They are sweeter than honey ...
Psalm 19:7-8, 10 NLT
I rejoiced with those who said to me, “Let us go to the house of the Lord.”
Psalm 122:1 NIV
[The righteous are] planted in the house of the LORD, they will flourish in the courts of our God.
Psalm 92:13 NIV
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
If you could ask God for one thing, what would it be?
Start thinking. Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- Which part of this message was most impactful for you and why?
- Read Psalm 19:7-8, 10. What words stand out to you about the way David describes God’s Word? What words would you use to talk about the Bible with someone else?
- Read Psalm 122:1. How has the church made a positive impact in your life?
Start sharing. Choose a question to create openness.
- Share about a time when you were desperate for God’s presence. How did you seek Him, and what did you learn about Him through that process?
- Talk about how you’re currently pursuing intimacy with God. How will your life look different as you continue pursuing Him?
Start praying. Be bold and pray with power.
Father, thank You for wanting a relationship with us. Please help us to grow closer to You. We want to experience Your presence, understand Your Word, and be a part of Your Church. In Jesus’ name, amen.
Start doing. Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Find one way to seek God this week. Talk about your experience with your LifeGroup.
- Start the Think Ahead Bible Plan using Plans With Friends: www.go2.lc/thinkaheadplan
- Consider how you could love others by serving on the weekend
(www.life.church/serving) or with a Local Mission Partner