A Way Out
Think back through Craig's talk. What stuck out?
No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.
1 Corinthians 10:13 NIV
Hebrews 2:18 James 4:7
The Process of Temptation
Fighting Your Way Out
- Submit to God.
- Resist the Devil.
"Why resist temptation tomorrow when you can eliminate it today?"
"Submit. Resist. Overcome. If you fail, God will give you the strength to fight another day."
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- On a scale from Craig to “cat people,” how do you feel about the feline family?
- What one idea from the message is playing over in your mind?
Start thinking. Ask questions to get your group thinking.
- Think about your response to temptation. Are you stronger on defense or offense?
- Do you respond to temptation differently from someone who does not follow Christ? How?
- Read James 4:7. Talk about what it means to submit to God in relation to your greatest temptations.
Start sharing. Choose questions that create openness.
- Talk about sneakier temptations like pride, comfort-first living, and selfishness. How can you address these in your life?
- Thought > Imagination > Justification > Choice > Sin. Share a story of going through this temptation process. Talk about how to fight your way out.
- Share a story of a time when you overcame temptation. What was the key to your success?
- What doors to temptation are you keeping cracked open that you need to slam shut?
Start praying. Be bold, and pray specifically.
- God, Your grace for us is astonishing. Thank You for always making a way out. Holy Spirit, will You give us the strength to submit, resist, and overcome temptation?
From the Source
Keep reading. Dig in to Scripture about facing temptation.
Proverbs 4:14-15 2 Timothy 2:22 1 Corinthians 6:18-20 1 John 4:4
Live It Out
Start doing. Commit to a step, and live it out this week.
- Pick one temptation that you will resist this week by eliminating it today.
- Identify at least one person in your LifeGroup who you can confide in while you’re on your way out.
- Start this easy-to-read Bible Plan and find A Way Out. go2.lc/awayoutplan
Leaders, Craig filmed this video to thank you: go2.lc/heroes