Think back to Craig’s message. What sticks out?
But be sure to fear the LORD and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you.
1 Samuel 12:24 NIV
- God’s heart is always loving.
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:38- 39 NIV
- God’s ways are always higher.
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the LORD. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.”
Isaiah 55:8-9 NIV
- God’s presence is always enough.
Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me ...
Psalm 23:4 NIV
1 Peter 5:10, 1 John 3:1, Isaiah 40:28, John 14:16-17
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- Have you ever binge watched anything? What else do you prefer on demand?
- What percentage would you give your faith in God today? What’s one reason you picked your percentage?
Start thinking. Ask a thoughtful question.
- Read 1 Samuel 12:24. What three things does this Scripture ask of us? How does this describe our intended relationship to God?
- Who is the main character of your faith? How did you come to your conclusion?
Start sharing. Choose questions that create openness.
- Share a time when you most doubted God. What caused you to doubt Him most? Did something in particular restore your faith?
- What does it look or feel like when you experience the love and presence of God? Can you give some examples?
- Have you ever had something go wrong only to see the situation result in far more than you could have imagined? Share a story.
- Are there any areas in your life where you still don’t understand God’s plans or how He’s involved? How can we pray about this together?
Start praying. Be bold, and pray with power.
God, we want to believe, but sometimes we struggle. You said You’re loving, trustworthy, and with us. But we have situations in our lives that lead us to doubt You. Will You bring Your love into our darkest valleys? Will You help us in our unbelief? Amen.
Start doing. Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Find out what the Bible says about doubt with one of these Bible Plans: www.go2.lc/doubt
- Memorize Psalm 23:4 this week. When you experience something difficult, pray about it and invite God's presence into your situation.
Get this in your inbox. Visit go2.lc/emailme