Love In Action
Love In Action
Start by reviewing Pastor Craig's key points.
Closing the Gap between Intentions and Actions
"We generally judge others by their actions and ourselves by our intentions."
- If you think something good, say it.
Song of Solomon 7:1-3
Song of Solomon 7:5
Song of Solomon 7:7-8
Song of Solomon 7:10
- If you think something special, do it.
Song of Solomon 7:11
Song of Solomon 7:12
Song of Solomon 7:13
- If you want something different, be it.
"If you don’t like what you’re getting, look at what you’re giving."
Song of Solomon 8:6
Start with an easy question everyone can answer. Then move through the questions you feel will lead your group to action.
- “Ah, just let ‘em soak!” or, “There’s no time like the present!” When it comes to doing dishes, which type are you?
- Have you ever “scared away the fawns” because you shared a compliment that backfired? What was the result?
- Is it harder for you to give or receive words of affirmation? What makes it so difficult for you?
- What are some intentions you haven’t turned into actions? How could you close that gap?
- What big takeaways have you gotten from this series?
- What good things have come out of making changes in your relationships based on what you've learned from this series?
- Is it easier for you to say something special or do something special? Which do you prefer most in return?
- Do you see patterns in the ways others let you down? Explore the connections between what you desire and what you offer.
- Describe how you can apply the say it, do it, and be it principles to workplace interactions, friendships, and family relationships.
For Married Couples
- What do you find yourself wanting most from your spouse: being pursued, included, thought of, romanced, helped, or given to? What things seem less important to you?
- Brag on the best ways your spouse closes the gap between intentions and actions. Tell each other which ones are intentional efforts and which just come naturally.
- What will you do to keep working on your marriage in the future? What big takeaway did you get from this series?
- Identify some ideas together for ways to put love into action.
Live It Out
End with a challenge to take action. Lead your group to help each person identify their next steps.
- What are some “purposeful time” or “thoughtful acts” ideas you commit to do this week?
- Use paper or your mobile device to create a list of how you can say, do, and be what it takes to “close the gap.” Set a time this week to go over your list and make a plan.