Strengthened With Power
Strengthened With Power
Review the key points from Craig’s talk. What stuck out?
Ephesians 3:14-21 Ephesians 1:3 Philippians 4:19 2 Corinthians 4:16
I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith.
- Ephesians 3:16-17 NIV
Two Big Prayer Mistakes
Our prayers are too small.
“Feeling small? Start praying big!”
Our prayers are too general.
"General prayers don’t move God to specific actions."
Where will you lead your group? Pick and choose from these suggestions to create the right discussion for your group.
- What is the funniest thing you’ve ever heard someone pray?
- Do you ever pray with ulterior motives? “God, help us all to become more faithful to show up to LifeGroup on time and to bring good food when we finally do arrive.”
- What keeps you from praying—guilt, boredom, distraction, pain, doubt?
- List some of your prayers that require the spiritual richness of an all-powerful God.
- Tell a story of a time when you prayed a big prayer and you saw God answer in a big way.
- If God answered all of your prayers last week, how would your life and others’ lives look different? In other words, you pray “so that,” what?
- Have you sensed God’s power, direction, or love more strongly during a time of prayer? Share your experience.
- What will you pray for with power this week? Be specific.
- Pray as a group that God will strengthen you with power, and that the Holy Spirit will immerse you in love. Pray knowing that God can do immeasurably more than all you ask or imagine.
From the Source
What about Scripture? Read through these together to test your discussion with scriptural truth.
James 5:16 Matthew 6:9-13 Philippians 4:6-7 Acts 16:25-26 Matthew 6:7-8 Jeremiah 33:3
Live It Out
End with a challenge to make it real. Commit to a next step as a group and bring the discussion to life this week.
- Follow along with the Pray Bible Plan, and invite friends and family to do the same: go2.lc/prayplan
- Listen for people’s pain and struggles this week, and pray with someone you normally wouldn’t. Pay attention as God exposes them to His love.
- Add a dedicated prayer time—even if it’s five minutes—to your daily routine.
Leaders, Craig filmed this video to thank you: go2.lc/heroes