Let Pastor Craig lead your discussion with this week's video. Watch this video on Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, Fire TV, and the Life.Church Website
Think back through Craig's talk. What stuck out?
When we arrived in Macedonia, there was no rest for us. We faced conflict from every direction, with battles on the outside and fear on the inside. But God, who encourages those who are discouraged, encouraged us by the arrival of Titus.
2 Corinthians 7:5-6 NLT
Hebrews 3:13 Hebrews 10:24-25Romans 1:10-121 Samuel 30:6
Three Of The Most Spiritual Things To Do
- Encourage others daily.
- Encourage others spiritually.
- Encourage yourself in the Lord.
"Encouraging others is one of the most spiritual things you can do."
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- Have you ever given or received a not-so-encouraging response to a new outfit, haircut, etc.? Share a story.
- What happened the last time someone encouraged you?
Start thinking. Ask questions to get your group thinking.
- Why do you think Pastor Craig calls encouraging others one of the most spiritual things you can do? Hint: 2 Corinthians 7:5-6
- Who do you want to encourage daily? How could you spiritually encourage them?
Start sharing. Choose questions that create openness.
- Have you ever felt prompted to encourage someone? How did it turn out?
- Talk about a time you could identify with Paul’s "battles on the outside and fear on the inside"? What got you through?
- Who do you know who is great at encouraging people? How do they go about it?
- Which of Pastor Craig’s three points is most difficult for you? Ask the group for ideas for making progress.
Start praying. Be bold, and pray specifically.
- God, You’re our ever-present help in trouble. You sent the Holy Spirit as the Comforter. Will you teach us to encourage each other as You encourage us? Amen.
From the Source
Start digging. Read Scripture about being encouraging.
1 Thessalonians 3:2-3 Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 Matthew 3:16-17 Proverbs 12:25
Live It Out
Start doing. Commit to a step, and begin living it this week.
- Get encouraged with the new Bible Plan. go2.lc/encouraging
- What are some practical steps we can take to better encourage others and ourselves this week?
- Set a daily reminder in your phone to encourage someone.
Leaders, Craig filmed this video to thank you: go2.lc/heroes